GLIFAA represents lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender personnel, their families and their straight allies (LGBT+) in the U.S. Department of State, U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Foreign Commercial Service, Foreign Agricultural Service, Peace Corps and other foreign affairs offices of the U.S. Government. Officially recognized as a State Department and USAID employee association, GLIFAA advances diversity and workplace equity in U.S. foreign affairs agencies and human rights for LGBT people around the world.
- Read article on how ‘Gay Diplomats Say State Department Is Failing Their Families‘
- GLIFAA and partners host historic gathering with Out U.S. Ambassadors
- View photos from event with Out U.S. Ambassadors
- Read press coverage from the event here
- State Department considers phasing out DP benefits
- Find out about upcoming GLIFAA events