GLIFAA represents lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender personnel, their families and their straight allies (LGBT+) in the U.S. Department of State, U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Foreign Commercial Service, Foreign Agricultural Service, Peace Corps and other foreign affairs offices of the U.S. Government. Officially recognized as a State Department and USAID employee association, GLIFAA advances diversity and workplace equity in U.S. foreign affairs agencies and human rights for LGBT people around the world.
- Photos of GLIFAA celebrating IDAHOT and Pride around the world
- GLIFAA celebrates Pride at USAID
- GLIFAA celebrates Pride at State with Secretary Higginbottom
- GLIFAA President Selim Ariturk in AFSA magazine on how far we’ve come
- Former GLIFAA President Robyn McCutcheon featured in the New York Times “Transgender Today” series
- Buzzfeed: “Gay Diplomats Say State Department Is Failing Their Families”
- Find out about upcoming GLIFAA events