glifaa and other organizations and individuals have assembled a number of resources to assist LGBT Foreign Affairs employees and their families. Included among these are the training courses, field guides, and online communities linked below.
- Congressional LGBT Equality Caucus
- The Family Liaison Office has assembled a list of Resources for Foreign Born Partners in the DC area. They have also assembled a number of Area Job Coaching Services.
We have assembled here a number of links with useful information, policies, and practices. We have also listed a number of organizations and media outlets of potential interest to glifaa members and our allies. If you would like to see something added to this list, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key LGBTI Organizations with Helpful Resources
Gay Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN)
Human Rights Campaign
Outright Action International, formerly known as International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission (IGLHRC)
The National LGBTQ Task Force
Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD)
Out & Equal
- Tales from a Small Planet, includes the “Real Post Reports” — cosponsored by glifaa! — on living and working overseas, with a special page for gay and lesbian expatriots. If you are overseas, please fill out a “Real Post Report” for your city or post!
- Associates of the American Foreign Service, an independent, non-profit organization representing Foreign Service spouses, employees, and retirees. AAFSW is welcoming and open to the spouses and families of lesbian and gay personnel
- Department of State Family Liaison Office
Information Relating to U.S. Government LGBT Issues
- “Addressing Sexual Orientation Discrimination in Federal Civilian Employess” – An Employee’s Rights Guide from the Office of Personnel Management
- “Facts About Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation, Status as a Parent, Marital Status and Political Affiliation” from The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission